[Wien] About the magnetic moment of vanadium in vanadium sulphide

Fecher, Gerhard fecher at uni-mainz.de
Fri Sep 8 09:12:51 CEST 2017

Now I am a little confused
do you think that it was the convergence criteria that I found a magnetic moment of 2.5 mu_B instead of 0.05 mu_B at the V ?
or did I make another mistake ;-)

Indeed, you are right, the 0.05 mu_B might be a result of to bad convergence
however, to check if such a moment is something reliable you will need brute force with respect to the number of k-points,
that is, if you think you have enough k-points, then just double the number or use ten times more.

Ciao
Gerhard

Dr. Gerhard H. Fecher
Johannes Gutenberg - University