[Wien] hmsec.F:(.text+0x3057): undefined reference to `pzheevr_'

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Sep 29 03:43:10 CEST 2017

composer_xe_2013.1.117 => This is update 1 of the 2013 composer xe [
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-composer-xe-2013-release-notes
].

The MKL 11.0 update 2 release notes [
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-110-release-notes ] has:

ScaLAPACK

Updated version to 2.0.2. New functions introduced include:

P?SYEVR/P?HEEVR: MRRR (Multiple Relatively Robust Representations) algorithm

This seems to indicate that your ifort/mkl version is barely too old.
It looks like update 2 of the 2013 composer xe or a newer version of the
ifort/mkl is needed to be able to use the pzheevr function [
http://scc.ustc.edu.cn/zlsc/tc4600/intel/2015.1.133/mkl/mklman/GUID-B5DEF9B1-C3B5-4D24-A776-744D282039CA.htm
].

Please note: There are cases, where the old Scalapack diagonalization
fails." => This strongly suggests that the best solution is to upgrade
to a newer version of the Intel Fortran compiler and mkl.

If you compare hmsec.F from WIEN2k 14 and 16.1 (using a program like
WinMerge [ http://winmerge.org/ ]), you can clearly see that you most
likely should not use the 14 version of the file in 16.1.

The hmsec.F that is in the hmsec.F.gz file is the replacement file for
WIEN2k 16.1, which is in Prof. Blaha's post at:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg15213.html

This file seems to be identical to the one in WIEN2k 17.1  So, you could
also instead copy the file from WIEN2k 17.1 to 16.1, or better yet
should be to just use WIEN2k 17.1

As was previously described, the -Dold_scalapack has to be added to the
parallel options (FPOPT) in 16.1 with the replacement file or in 17.1 if
a ifort/mkl version  2013.1.117 or older is used.