[Wien] Installation with MPI and GNU compilers

Rui Costa ruicosta.r15 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:21:47 CEST 2018

I will see what I can do about the Intel compilers. I've had a question
about this, supposedly the intel compilers are the fastest [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg13021.html],
but how much faster are they than the others? I expect this to vary from
case to case but on average, how much faster are they?

My objective is not to do simulations with mpi in the computer that I'm
trying to install but to figure out how to install wien2k with mpi and then
give some guidelines to the IT technician. I spent two weeks telling them
that the simulations were not running because the packages were not
compiled and in the end everything was poorly installed.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Rui Costa.