[Wien] About the second harmonic generation within wien2k

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Apr 27 05:23:58 CEST 2018

I believe NLO is Bernd Olejnik's personal code package (an extension
package for WIEN2k).  You would have to contact Bernd to get it.  The
email address to request it is on the first slide in:

http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/events/ws2003/downloads/ws2003_olejnik.pdf

However, I don't know if the email address works.  You would have to try
it.  If the email address doesn't work, then it might not be possible to
get the code anymore.

Dr. C. Ambrosch-Draxl also has a Nonlinear Optic package (nlo.tar) for
WIEN2k.  It is not well-documented, and I think it might not have worked
with WIEN2k 14.2 without having to modify the code.  So it is probably
too outdated to work with WIEN2k 17.1.  If your interested in it, try
contacting Ambrosch-Draxl:

https://sol.physik.hu-berlin.de/index.php?page=claudia-draxl

If her group is interested in sharing it, they might put it on the
exciting webpage [ http://exciting-code.org/other-developments ] like
ATAT at WIEN2k.

If I recall correctly, both nlo.tar and the SRC_optic package for WIEN2k
were original developed by Ambrosch-Draxl's student Dr. Sharma.  I
believe Dr. Sharma contributes instead to the Elk code now [
http://elk.sourceforge.net/ ].  Under Miscellaneous on the Elk website,
you should see "Non-linear optical (NLO) second harmonic generation".
So Elk likely has a more mature NLO package.  I don't know if the Elk
NLO package could be adopted for or interfaced with WIEN2k.  Dr. Sharma
could probably better answer that.  She could likely be reached by the
contact information on her website [
http://www1.mpi-halle.mpg.de/~sharma/ ] or in the Elk forums [
https://sourceforge.net/p/elk/discussion/ ].