[Wien] $DEC! NOOPTIMIZE equivalents in gfortran?

Laurence Marks L-marks at northwestern.edu
Wed Aug 8 18:44:02 CEST 2018

I am testing adding the compiler directive !DEC$ NOOPTIMIZE to the Kahan
summations in charge.f in order to prevent ifort from optimizing the
summation away. It seems to help.

Does anyone know if there are equivalents in gfortran or other compilers?
(I can't find anything for gfortran.)

N.B., if anyone has experience with directives and wants to suggest others
that may be faster but will avoid optimizing away the summation I am open
to suggestions.

--
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi