[Wien] [SPAM?] RLO and SO for Cs based compound

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Aug 11 04:02:03 CEST 2018

My advice:

I very much recommend using WIEN2k 18.2 for SO calculations.  I believe
there were some serious spin orbit calculation bugs in WIEN2k 16.1.  If
you want to know more about the 16.1 bugs in detail, check the WIEN2k
updates list [1] and see what fixes were made in particular to
initso_lapw, SRC_lapwso, and SRC_symmetso in WIEN2k 17.1 and 18.1.  That
is because the fixes you see in both 17.1 and 18.1 when combined are
likely the bugs that existed 16.1.

As stated in the WIEN2k usersguide and previous mailing list posts, a
general way the use of RLOs is decided is by whether or not they are
heavier elements with semicore p-states [2,3] and also if an optic
calculation will be evolved or not.   That is because "x optic" does not
work with RLOs [4].

[1] http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/updates/
[2]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg11478.html