[Wien] RLO and SO for Cs based compound

chin Sabsu chinsabsu at yahoo.in
Sat Aug 11 16:27:42 CEST 2018

Dear SirThank you very much for your inputs. I see on the 18.2 version of Wien2k and the p-energy parameters does not changes from the version 16.1.

I am aware about the  properties how to deal with optic but my concern is to how to identify the semicore p-states but confused about the RLO issue.
Let me conclude my understanding now:

Like, we have the electronic configuration of Cs, Te and I as below
Cs=[Xe] 6s1; I= [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5; Te=[Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p4
As we know "RLO are just a "basis set - enhancement".It is usually important to enhance the basis set for semicore p-states with RLOs, but not the valence/conduction band states. [1 and from your reply] "

So as Cs is having  only core p states while Te and I are having valence/conduction p states.
We have El parameter for L=1 of Cs only in my cae ( -0.66 0.0010) for Te and I we do not have.
So, can I conclude that I should apply RLO for only Cs and not for Te and I?

If that is the case  then stuck if I take example of Pb as Pb has valence/conduction p-band states and accordingly we should not add RLO for Pb but I see people also use RLO for Pb.
Pb= [Xe] 4f14 5d10 6s2 6p2
Cs and Pb making me confused.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg11478.html