[Wien] Dense mesh calculation

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Aug 18 15:43:12 CEST 2018

 From WIEN2k 18.2 UG page 126:

WFFIL: standard option, writes wave functions to file case.vector
(needed in lapw2)
SUPWF: suppresses wave function calculation (faster for testing
eigenvalues only)
WFPRI: prints eigenvectors to case.output1 and writes case.vector
(produces long outputs!)

With SUPWF from above, it looks like case.vector* files are not written
by lapw1 unless WFFIL or WFPRI are used instead.  Since Table 4.3 shows
case.vector* files are required for lapwso, it may be that you cannot
workaround not using them.

As far as I know, there is no built in WIEN2k program to combine the
.output* files.  That is why the multiple recent and past posts about
it, such as:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17847.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17829.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg00508.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg02057.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg02055.html
(awk)
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/xcrysden/2015-September/001731.html
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/xcrysden/2015-December/001788.html

Though, I don't see why you couldn't automate it yourself either using a
job script (e.g., by adding the "cat case.outputso_1* > case.output1up"
to it), by writing your own script (e.g., bash script containing your
run[sp]_lapw and "cat case.outputso_1* > case.output1up" commands), or
by modifying the WIEN2k source code.