[Wien] EFG: theory Vs experiment for a case

Ashwani Kumar ashwani.ism at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 19:38:30 CET 2018

hi,
   thanks for reply. the assymetry parameter, (Vxx-Vyy)/Vzz,  is zero
(wien2k calculation) whereas i got 0.52 from TDPAC (Time dependent
perturbed angular correlation) spectroscopy for a SrTiO3 (STO) defect
structure. EFG component is -1.63 x10^21 V/m2 (wien2k, lapw2 -efg) and i
obtained 1.69 x 10^21 V/m2 (calculated from TDPAC results). STO has cubic
lattice so no efg and no assymetry  parameter (for both wien2k and TDPAC)
but defect STO structure showed very pure hyperfine interactions with
assymetry parameter : 0.52. So i am not having confidence over my wien2k
calculation because :
1. i am getting assymetry parameter =0
2. Negative EFG which i understood from previous answers that negative sign
indicates the rate of decrease of z-component of EF wrt to distance.

Am i missing something?,
Calculation parameters are :Supercell (3x2x2) STO with doped Hf atom, PBE,
KGEN:200, rkmax: 7.0,

thanks,
A. Kumar