[Wien] Extra vertical lines in bandstructure in spaghetti

Sergio Castillo Robles sergio.castillo at uabc.edu.mx
Mon Feb 19 23:23:00 CET 2018

 Hi dear Wien users,

I would appreciate any help you could give me to solve this problem:

I am running the latest version of wien2k, 17.1 in a computer with
Processor (CPU):   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz
Speed:  1,998.00 MHz
Cores:  4 RAM: 2.0 GiB
OS:  Linux 2.6.31.14-0.8-default x86_64
System:  openSUSE 11.2 (x86_64)
KDE:  4.3.5 (KDE 4.3.5) "release 0"
SUSE Linux 4.4.1 gcc-4_4-branch revision 150839

The problem occurs when i plot the bandstructure in wien2k following
the steps as the UG suggests, in the graph there are a bunch of
vertical lines between the M and K points, and the same lines appears
when i select the k-path with xcrysden. I have tried changing the value in
the bz_lin.f file as someone suggests but the issue continues.

What is generating this extra lines?

Thanks for your time. Best regards.