[Wien] Magnetocrystalline anisotropy

Xavier Rocquefelte xavier.rocquefelte at univ-rennes1.fr
Tue Jan 16 12:10:52 CET 2018

Dear All

Finally the problem is not completely solved.

More precisely, when we are doing GGA+SO calculations and using a
correct kmesh (no temporal symmetry), we obtain a symmetric
magnetocrystalline anisotropy, namely same MAE along [0 1 0] and [0 -1 0].

In contrast, when we are doing GGA+U+SO or EECE+SO with a correct kmesh
we still obtain non-symmetric MAE, namely MAE along [0 1 0] and [0 -1 0]
are different.

In addition, the so obtained MAE looks similar to the ones obtained in
GGA+SO with a bad kmesh (including temporal symmetry).

At this moment, we are checking all the recent modifications in SRC_ORB
and SRC_LAPW2 related to the manipulation of case.vorbup, case.vorbdn
and case.vorbud files.

Surprisingly, the EECE+SO calculations in WIEN2k_16 are symmetric, while
not in WIEN2k_17.

Next soon ... I hope.

Xavier