[Wien] Spontaneous polarization of PbTiO3

Lokanath Patra lokanath at students.cutn.ac.in
Wed May 2 14:38:38 CEST 2018

Dear all,

I am using Berry phase tutorial to calculate the polarization of PbTiO3. I
have followed the BaTiO3 tutorial. I have two structures, one is tetragonal
(non-centrosymmetric) and the second one is cubic (centrosymmetric). I have
calculated the (spontaneous) polarization as 1.189769e-01 C/m2 (as the
cubic system doesn't posses any polarization) which is very low as the
reported values are around 80 to 100 µC/cm2. Please help me.

Regards
Lokanath

--
Lokanath Patra
Ph.D Scholar

--

Central University of Tamil Nadu is in not responsible for the contents of
this email. The sender takes responsibility for the content of this email.