[Wien] Spontaneous polarization of PbTiO3

Oleg Rubel rubelo at mcmaster.ca
Wed May 2 15:55:04 CEST 2018

Dear Lokanath,

PbTiO3 was one of compounds used in the test of BerryPI (see Table 3 in
http://olegrubel.mcmaster.ca/publications/2013/Ahmed_CPC_184_2013.pdf).
I think you should also compute polarization in the cubic structure of
PbTiO3 even though they are deemed to have no polarization. If this does
not help, I would suggest looking into the structure more carefully,
tetragonal distortion, compare with experiment, etc.

I hope it will help
Oleg

--
Oleg Rubel (PhD, PEng)