[Wien] Hund's Exchange parameter (J)

Wien2k User wien2k.user at gmail.com
Sat May 12 22:54:46 CEST 2018

Dear Gavin Abo;

I agree with you regarding the calculation of Ueff using the method
described in the following file
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/Constraint_U.pdf

But according to Anisimov's paper , J=E3d'up'(n+0.5,n-0.5)- E3d'
dn'(n+0.5,n-0.5)
So we add an electron for the spin-up and we removed a electron for spin-dn
and we calculate the difference Eup_3d-Edn3d for a one calculation

that's what I did

Is this correct?

thank you in advance