[Wien] Some questions about output files

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue May 15 04:37:59 CEST 2018

I'm fairly certain that the asterisk's symbol (*) corresponds to the /s/
= -1 column for the orbital quantum number (/j/) in Table 6.6 on page
107 in the WIEN2k 17.1 usersguide [
http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/reg_user/textbooks/usersguide.pdf ].
For example, p* is the 1/2. Without the asterisk, the p is the 3/2 in
the s = +1 column.

 From what I have read, the :BAN label block in case.scf or case.scf2*
shows only the bands around EF [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg13238.html