[Wien] Fwd: Help Request for making WIEN2K (ver18.2) programs executable.

Pavel Ondračka pavel.ondracka at email.cz
Tue Oct 23 09:11:18 CEST 2018

Dear Ashwani,

the problem is that the libxc modules are not installed in /usr/include on
Fedora (and some other distros). This is kinda stupid (but the rationale
being that the mod files are not headers in the standard sense, but rather a
binary (compiler and arch dependent) files). The are in $(LIBDIR)/gfortran/
modules/ on Fedora. Unfortunately the siteconfig is not flexible enough to
allow you to specify this directory. Therefore it is not possible to compile
with libxc on Fedora currently without manually changing the SRC_lapw0
Makefile.

You would do best to remove the libxc altogether. But to be honest I don't
know how, to do that from siteconfig (It does not allow me to reset
LIBXCROOT to empty). Hence your best chance is to edit WIEN2k_OPTIONS file
manually and delete all the lines startings with current:LIBXC*  (or
hopefully someone more experienced can advice how to reset LIBXCROOT to
empty fro siteconfig) and regenerate the makefiles.

If you really need the libxc, set:

LIBXCROOT =  /usr/
LIBXC_FORTRAN = xcf03
LIBXC_LIBDNAME = lib64
LIBXC_LIBNAME = xc
and manually edit the

"  LIBXC_FOPT = -DLIBXC -I$(LIBXCROOT)include"

line in SRC_lapw0/Makefile to

" LIBXC_FOPT = -DLIBXC -I$(LIBXCROOT)/$(LIBXC_LIBDNAME)/gfortran/modules"

(BTW also check that you have libxc-devel package installed "dnf install
libxc-devel")

Best regards

Pavel

BTW its a pity  that the siteconfig package doesn't use the most common way
of the package detection (i.e. the package config files). Nowadays all
packages such as fftw, elpa, OpenBLAS or libxc (with the scalapack being the
exception) have a proper package configs (at least upstream) and the
information like where to find the fortran modules (of other required
compile/link flags) can be found in them.

---------- Původní e-mail ----------