[Wien] Fwd: Help Request for making WIEN2K (ver18.2) programs executable.

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Oct 23 14:35:01 CEST 2018

Maybe try running siteconfig like for the first time by removing the
WIEN2k_INSTALLDATE file in your WIEN2k install folder [1,2], for example
in a terminal:

[liveuser at localhost WIEN2k]$ rm WIEN2k_INSTALLDATE

[liveuser at localhost WIEN2k]$ ./siteconfig

Then, try selecting no for LIBXC like in my recent post [3]:

  Would you like to use LIBXC (that you have installed)? (y,N):

Or alternatively, I haven't fully tested it, but libxc likely could be
installed following the link [4] in [3] by doing before running
siteconfig for the first time:

[liveuser at localhost ~]$ sudo yum install autoconf libtool
Is this ok [y/N]: y
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ wget
http://www.tddft.org/programs/octopus/down.php?file=libxc/4.2.3/libxc-4.2.3.tar.gz
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ tar zxvf
down.php\?file\=libxc%2F4.2.3%2Flibxc-4.2.3.tar.gz
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ mv libxc-4.2.3/ libxc/
[liveuser at localhost ~]$ cd libxc/
[liveuser at localhost libxc]$ autoreconf -i --force
[liveuser at localhost libxc]$ ./configure FC=gfortran CC=cc
--prefix=$HOME/libxc
[liveuser at localhost libxc]$ make

[liveuser at localhost libxc]$make check
[liveuser at localhost libxc]$ make install

[liveuser at localhost WIEN2k]$./siteconfig
  Would you like to use LIBXC (that you have installed)? (y,N):

  Do you want to automatically search for LIBXC installations? (Y,n):

  Please specify a comma separated list of directories to search! (If no
list is entered, /usr/local and /opt will be searched as default):
/home/username
Finding the required library in /home/username/libxc ...

The following was found as LIBXCROOT: /home/username/xc/lib
Is this the correct directory? (Y,n):
Please enter the directory of your LIBXC-installation!:

/home/username/libxc

where username above should be replaced by your user name.

[1]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17823.html
[2]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17902.html