[Wien] Problem in wien2k17 installation on remote server

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Sep 1 15:01:10 CEST 2018

You need to install and use BLAS.

I'm not as familiar with scalapack.  I believe that is only needed for a
mpi parallel compile.  The mpi is useless for a single computer [
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg03793.html
,
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg09334.html
].  However, it is better to ask your cluster admin about that if you
will be using mpi parallel, because usually they have a specific
scalapack already installed that you would need to use.

If you decide to use the operating system openblas and lapack package, I
tried it and it seems to compile just fine using compile settings below:

username at computername:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    18.04
Codename:    bionic
username at computername:~$ sudo apt install liblapack-dev
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
username at computername:~$ sudo apt install libopenblas-dev
username at computername:/usr/include$ ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lapack/
liblapack.a  liblapack.so  liblapack.so.3  liblapack.so.3.7.1
username at computername:/usr/include$ ls /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/openblas/
libblas.a  libblas.so  libblas.so.3  liblapack.a  liblapack.so
liblapack.so.3

   O   Compiler options:        -ffree-form -O2 -ffree-line-length-none
   L   Linker Flags:            $(FOPT)
   P   Preprocessor flags       '-DParallel'
   R   R_LIBS (LAPACK+BLAS):    -llapack -lblas -lpthread