[Wien] Accurate calculation of small band gaps

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Sep 13 13:45:46 CEST 2018

Hi,

What do you mean by "as accurate as possible" and "accuracy"?
Is it about the convergence of the band gap value with respect
to the parameters of the calculations like RK? Or is it about
reproducing the experimental value?

In general, the DFT and GW errors (with respect to experiment) for the
band gap is at least 10 times larger than 10 meV. Some literature:
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jpca.7b02882

FT