[Wien] configuring parallel options using ssh

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 17 13:26:27 CEST 2018

As stated in the manual, you need a "common" filesystem on all nodes
which you want to use in k-parallel mode.

Typically, this involves NFS (or some other "cluster-filesystem", ...).

The key is, that the mount-point must be the same on all nodes, i.e. the
full path to your directory/files must be the same.

Typically one should reconfigure his Linux boxes, because by default all
user-data are in /home and of course all nodes have then their own /home
directory and one cannot use:  mount node1:/home /home, because this
would overwrite the /home on the second node.

You could create a directory "/node1" on node1 (and /node2 on the next
node, ...) and mount /node1 on all other machines under the name /node1.

The directory /node1/name  should then be also your home-directory on
all these nodes.

Every computer-center / cluster is setup in this way. If you are your
own system manager, you have to do it yourself.