[Wien] How to calculate Optical properties with hf potential

tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at tran at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Aug 4 10:32:17 CEST 2019

Hi,

The strategy to save computational time is to follow these steps:
1) Do the scf calculation with a normal (i.e., not too expensive) k-mesh
2) save_lapw case_normal_kmesh
3) Follow the procedure explained in section
   "Starting a calculation from another k-mesh"
   of the user's guide to do just one iteration (with "-i 1") with a
   large k-mesh to generate the vector files for optical properties.
4) Calculate optical properties with optic, joint, and kram by using
   "-hf" with optic and joint.

FT