[Wien] pdos for restricted k-range or in restricted space

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Aug 28 08:59:51 CEST 2019

Not with standard wien2k tools.

However, you can write your own little programs, eg.

reading the case.qtl file for an arbitrary k-mesh of your choice and do
a "root sampling", i.e. divide your energy mesh into some intervals and
count the number of eigenvalues (times the multiplicity of the k-point)
in each E-interval. Plot the corresponding histogram.

An alternative is to modify tetra such, that instead of summing over all
tetrahedra, it sums only over those involving k-points of your choice.
For this you need to understand the case.kgen file, which lists the
vertices of all tetrahedra and you select only thos which contain the
desired k-points.