[Wien] pdos for restricted k-range or in restricted space

Yundi Quan yquan at ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 28 11:58:21 CEST 2019

I just want to add that DOS(E) = \sum \delta(E - \epsilon_{nk}). (n is band
index). For regular DOS, summation is over the whole Brillouin zone. In
your case, summation is restricted to k-points along a path. And weight for
each k-point is either 1 (spin polarized calculation) or 2 (non polarized).
But if you want to include contributions from equivalent k-path, weight
factor for each k-point has to include multiplicity due to symmetry. Delta
function can be approximated by a Gaussian. And \epsilon_{nk} can be found
in case.qtl (in units of Ry).

PDOS(E) = \sum \delta(E-\epsilon_{nk}) w_{nk , lm}.  w_{nk, lm} is the
weight of orbital |lm>. It can be found in case.qtl as well.

Yundi