[Wien] lapw2c tries to read an anomalous amount of data

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Jul 2 20:03:09 CEST 2019

What Fortran compiler did you build WIEN2k with?  It might also be an
issue from the compiler.  You may reference past ifort posts in the
mailing list such as:

https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg17253.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg16802.html

If ifort, you might try compiling with -O0 and/or -assume
nobuffered_io.  You might also try a different compiler version (e.g., I
heard in one case off the mailing list that many calculations worked
fine but then a single calculation with larger files that had WIEN2k
built with 2018.3.222 crashed but then it worked fine when built with
2017.2.174 on the same system) or compiler (e.g., gfortran instead ifort).