[Wien] lapw2c tries to read an anomalous amount of data

Luc Fruchter luc.fruchter at u-psud.fr
Tue Jul 2 19:10:15 CEST 2019

I am facing a problem with lapw2c on a machine running the 18.2 version
of Wien2k. I suspect this is a machine problem, rather than a Wien2k
one, but would like to be sure:

As lapw2c runs in parallel in a cycle, the lapw2c processes will all try
to read a very large amount of data from the disk (several hundred Gb),
so keeping the system busy endless.

As the input files for lapw2c (.energy, .vector) are only a few Gb, this
reading of hundred Gb seems suspect, and rather a disk problem. However,
all lapw2c routines experience the same problem when run in parallel,
which I would not expect if the reading of one file was problematic.

On the other hand, the first cycles ran without any trouble.

Thanks