[Wien] Is there any automate infrastructure supporting WIEN2k?

Michael Sluydts michael.sluydts at ugent.be
Tue Jul 2 20:04:12 CEST 2019

Hey Min Lin, Peter and other wien2k users,

In the past our in-house software Queue Manager has been used to
automate wien2k calculations. It has workflow management, error fixing
workflow support and a web interface, as well as some possibility for
automated machine learning predictions which can be used to reprioritize
calculations (so-called active learning).

Nowadays the code has been restructured somewhat and we have not yet
converted the wien2k scripts into our new module format. This should not
be super difficult, but may require a little bit of copy pasting and
testing. So if you or anyone else is interested to give this a try,
please feel free to contact me. (Thomas Ruh, no time probably? :) )

Some information:
An older presentation: https://1drv.ms/p/s!AjcJxUxn5c5rj-J04lwsgs6L7PH_Vg
My PhD thesis with a wien2k example on Si/Ge point defects and an older
function manual: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AjcJxUxn5c5rj-ll0_9g80r85pbIlw
Some info in my PhD presentation too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ueXoqJgpZ0

Some things have been cleaned up a bit since the above resources were
created, but the core functionality remains the same, with some
additional machine learning.

Kind regards,

Michael