[Wien] Hardware for Wien2k ver. 19

Kamil Klier kk04 at lehigh.edu
Sat Jul 20 23:54:02 CEST 2019

Thank you very much Gavin - I'll use your expert input in trying to refine
the configuration.

Meanwhile -
Yes, SSD is the choice of the 1st HD; RAM is TBD;
CUDA - No;
NVIDIA is recommended by Wavefunc, but not necessarily high end; in Wien2k
I use the auxiliary software XCrysden and am guessing that
             Spartan18 requirements are more stringent.

Other - My current goal is to calculate Gibbs free energy G(P,T) for
chemical reactions, so the system could become large, possibly =< 100.
 atoms.  So far succeeded via EOS with G(P, T=0) and learning to extend for
G(P,T.ne.0).