[Wien] lapw2 crashed error

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Tue Nov 26 06:31:59 CET 2019

Probably the error "sed: Command not found" should not be ignored.  Do
you have sed installed?

The command to install it can vary such as between Debian based (sudo
apt install sed) and RPM based systems (yum install sed) [1].  So check
the documentation for your Linux distribution for how to install it.

The "filename: /case.vector" might also provide a clue at what might be
wrong.  It is usually problematic for files to be at the root (/) path.
Though as mentioned previously [2], that might not be a problem for hf.
However, "case.vector" is likely for a non-hf non-parallel calculation
(run_lapw) when the program likely should be looking for a
"case.vectorhf_$i" file for your hf parallel calculation (run_lapw -hf -p).

Adding the verbose switch to your script(s), such as x_lapw and/or
lapw2para_lapw, might help you isolate where the problem is occurring [3,4].

[1] https://www.tutorialspoint.com/sed/sed_environment.htm
[2]
https://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg19229.html
[3]