[Wien] Spin-orbit coupling SCF not converging

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 14:41:15 CET 2019

For the convergence, please run "Check-mixing" (for recent versions) and
paste the result. This may give an idea. It may be that the calculation is
slowly changing the spin/orbital momentum and progressing towards the
solution. You may have a tunnel or even spiral convergence.

For SOC, the accuracy depends upon the number of bands used (nband with
ELPA). I suggest testing the convergence with a smaller problem (e.g. bulk
MoS2) then transferring this to your problem, e.g. chose nband such that it
gives states to the same energy above Ef.

_____
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi
www.numis.northwestern.edu