[Wien] Spin-orbit coupling SCF not converging

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Nov 26 14:47:43 CET 2019

lapwso should work for surface slabs.

Is it a magnetic system ??  Probably not.

My guess: these slabs get metallic and you used TETRA ??? The
additionally degeneracy may cause problems.
For a 2D system always use TEMP(S) and some smearing (conservative: 2
mRy; to get improved scf-convergence increase it (temporarily) to 10 mRy

For such large cells I'd start with a small Emax (NBAND) and after
convergence recheck with a larger value (it depends what quantities do
you want to calculate with SO).