[Wien] pdos for restricted k-range or in restricted space

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 2 16:45:01 CEST 2019

I've made some small modifications of SRC_tetra, such that it can
calculate the DOS only for tetrahedra which contain the desired k-point.

a) Check case.klist and select the k-point of your choice (eg. Gamma as
number 1, or XX for any other selection.

b) modify case.int as: (3rd line)
PbTiO3             #Title
-0.91780 0.002 .9915901704 0.003    #Emin, DE, Emax, Gauss-Broad
   11   N   0.000      KSEL=1        #Number of DOS-cases,G/L/B
broadening (Ry), KSELect=XX

Using the keyword KSEL= directs tetra to integrate only those tetrahedra
which contain the selected k-point.
A negative number (-XX) (or no KSEL=) switches this off and the regular
integration happens.

Depending on the density of your -mesh, it will cover a certain volume
of the BZ (a few percent ...).

NOTE: At the moment you cannot add this up for 2 different k-points,
since X1 and X2 may share the same tetrahedron and thus double counting
occurs. It would be straight forward, however, to specify several
k-points at the same time and use all tetrahedra which contain at least
one of the selected k-points ....