[Wien] Spin densities in up and down cases

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Apr 18 18:59:59 CEST 2020

I read in the abstract [1] that GGA for the spin contamination was
proposed and investigated.  I don't have access to the full paper.  Did
they conclude if the result they obtained were valid or not?  As I saw a
statement on Wikipedia [2] that spin contamination calculated with
Kohn-Sham DFT codes may not necessarily be correct.

I know the WIEN2k webpage [3] talks about Kohn-Sham.  I'm not that
familiar with the implementation(s) of hf in WIEN2k.  Is the calculation
that is does or can it be set to do the unrestricted Hartree-Fock (UHF)
that [1] and [2] mentions?

[1] https://doi.org/10.1063/1.2737773
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spin_contamination
[3] http://susi.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/lapw/index.html