[Wien] How to determine the exchange splitting in metals ?

Abderrahmane Reggad abde.reggad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:54:17 CEST 2020

 Thanks Gerhard for the explanation but I couldn't apply the inforation to
get the exchange splitting neither from the DOS nor from the band structure

Now i have some questions about my idea using the DOS picture and I want
from both of you to answer me

- is it possible from the files case.outputtup and case.outputtdn to get
the energies corresponding to the integrated DOS values for spin up (5.1 e)
and spin down (2.9 e) ? in the case o iron Fe
- Is it possible to determine the exchange splitting as follows: dE = E
(5.1 e) - E (2.9 e) in abslute value