[Wien] Query regarding space group of a 2*2*2 supercell

Abhijeet Jaysingrao Kale (P18PH001) kale.2 at iitj.ac.in
Tue Feb 25 11:38:31 CET 2020

Dear Prof. Blaha,

Thanks for the reply. I still have some doubts. I have Ba2ZnWO6 and
Ba2CdWO6 systems and both have Fm-3m space group. I want to replace Zn by
Cd in 25%, 50 % and 75% manner. So, total I will have five systems:-
(1) Ba2ZnWO6
(2) Ba2Zn0.25Cd0.75WO6
(3) Ba2Zn0.50Cd0.50WO6
(4) Ba2Zn0.25Cd0.75WO6
(5) Ba2CdWO6

So, I created a 2x2x2 supercell and initialized the calculation. The
systems 2 and 4 converted into pm-3m that looked okay as I could compare
the lattice parameters and decide if the generated systems are okay by
ensuring the lattice parameter of doped systems (i.e. 2,3 &4) lie between
lattice parameters of 1 and 5. However, system 3 converts into P4/mmm
(tetragonal). In this case, we can't compare the lattice parameters of
system 3 with 1 & 5 and ensure the structure. How should I overcome this
and proceed for further calculations?

Thanks.
Regards,
Abhijeet.