[Wien] Query regarding space group of a 2*2*2 supercell

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Feb 25 08:40:05 CET 2020

It is clear that when you change the composition, the space group will
change. Your results look plausble.

However: Please not that you are NOT simulationg a "doped" material but
an ordered compound with some particular chemical formulae. Such an
ordered arrangement is usually not observed in experiment (otherwise
X-ray diffraction would find these other space groups).

Doping means "disorder". To simulate this, you need much larger
supercells and have to distribute the atoms randomly (or at least test
by total energies what is the best distribution).

Best regards