[Wien] Query regarding space group of a 2*2*2 supercell

Abhijeet Jaysingrao Kale (P18PH001) kale.2 at iitj.ac.in
Mon Feb 24 18:59:14 CET 2020

Dear WIEN2k Users,

I am Abhijeet from IIT Jodhpur, India, using the WIEN2k_17.1 version.
Currently, I am studying A2BB'X6 material. For the same, it is required to
generate a 2*2*2 supercell. I want to substitute the B atom in A2BB'X6 by
C. The desired doping percentage are 25% C, 50%C and 75%C.

For 25%C and 75%C, the space group of generated supercell changed
to pm-3m from fm-3m of a pristine unit cell of  A2BB'X6 . However, with
50%C in A2BB'X6 material (i.e A2B50%B'50%X6 ) case, the generated supercell
exists in a very different space group of P4/mmm (tetragonal). I would like
to know if both the changes i.e. "fm-3m to pm3m" and  "fm-3m to P4/mmm" are
okay to move on with. If not, then please suggest how to deal with it.

Thanks.

regards,
Abhijeet