[Wien] Is calculating the chemical shielding (orbital part) in paramagnetic system using x_nmr_lapw available ? x_nmr_lapw? lapwdm? DIPAN?

林敏 linmin at stu.xmu.edu.cn
Tue Jan 28 16:38:02 CET 2020

Dear Prof. Peter Blaha,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Very sorry for confusing you.

Here, the paramagnetic system, I mean the open shell system or spin polarize calculation, specifically is transition metal oxide, which usually are insulator/semiconductor.

From your reply, I still suppose that x_nmr doesn’t work for such system. The error message is no case.vsp file, while I have   case.vsp(up/dn).

About the dipole part, what I want to calculate is the hyperfine interaction between transition metal ions (TM) and observed nucleus (Li+/ Na+...), rather than TM nucleus themselves. The isotropic part is very easy done in normal SCF calculations. But the dipole part, can the magnetic field of TM be seen as external field for observed nucleus ? So I have to use DIPAN?
Right?

Best regards,

Min
Min Lin
2018 Ph. D student
Physical Chemistry
Chemistry Department Chemistry & College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Xiamen University
China
e-mail: linmin at stu.xmu.edu.cn