[Wien] Mpirun Errors

晨晨 chiniku at qq.com
Mon Jul 6 04:56:34 CEST 2020

Dear W2k developers and users,

  The wien2k version is 19.2 on Linux with gfortran, OpenBlas and openmpi. Now executing parallel run_lapw occurs errors.

When I run the command “run_lapw”, there is not any error. When I run the command “mpirun -np 4 run_lapw”, there are some errors. I have tested the openmpi installed successfully.

1. The following error occurs when running run_LAPW in parallel on four processors:

[YG_cheny at yg TiC]$ mpirun -np 4 run_lapw

STOP  LAPW0 END

STOP  LAPW0 END

mv: cannot move `.tmp' to `TiC.dayfile': No such file or directory

STOP  LAPW0 END

STOP  LAPW0 END

printf: write error: No such file or directory

>   stop error

Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned

a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.

>   stop error

mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing

the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

   Process name: [[45157,1],1]

   Exit code:    9

2. Since the file TiC. Dayfile exists, I ran the DOS2UNIX command in order to solve the problem. Then, "No such File or Directory" message disappeared.

3.However, run the command “mpirun -np 4 run_lapw”again and the following error message still appears:

[YG_cheny at yg TiC]$ mpirun -np 4 run_lapw

STOP  LAPW0 END

STOP  LAPW0 END

STOP  LAPW0 END

>   stop error

Primary job  terminated normally, but 1 process returned

a non-zero exit code. Per user-direction, the job has been aborted.

>   stop error

mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing

the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

    Process name: [[46028,1],3]

    Exit code:    9