[Wien] lapw7 with spin-orbit

Rubel, Oleg rubelo at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jul 8 21:39:16 CEST 2020

Dear Mikhail,

I suggest setting up a different folder (to avoid mess), for instance "wfplot". Then you can copy (or better link) relevant files from your SCF calculation into this folder:
5 ,'wfplot.in7c',      'old',    'formatted',0
8 ,'wfplot.struct',         'old',    'formatted',0
10,'./wfplot.vector','old',    'unformatted',0
18,'wfplot.vsp',       'old',    'formatted',0

At this point you need to take SOC vector file case.vectorso and call it wfplot.vector within that folder to trick LAPW7. Then you can extract and plot WFs.

For degenerate states WFs can be extracted separately, then put as different blocks in one XSF file and added up in xcrysden. This is a delicate part, and I will not go into details, unless you really need it.

Best regards
Oleg
--
Oleg Rubel (PhD, PEng)