[Wien] Volume has changed during running optimization of c/a with constant volume & b/a

Tomas Kana kana at seznam.cz
Fri Jun 12 13:01:34 CEST 2020

Dear Shamik,

If you want to keep a constant volume and
you use  the equation
abcx^3 = 332.934 = abc then only one solution is possible:
x = 1.  ax = a, bx = b  cx = c.
Your equation does not make sense to me....
With best regards
Tomas Kana

where a, b, c are the initial lattice parameters. From that equation I have found the value of x & then finally multiply x with each lattice parameters to get new lattice parameters as  a* = ax, b*=bx & c*=cx & then put

---------- Původní e-mail ----------