[Wien] A new question about the spin texture calculations in WIEN2k

Artem Tarasov artem.tarasov at spbu.ru
Fri Jun 12 16:05:30 CEST 2020

Dear Prof Peter Blaha,

Thank you for your feedback.

I understood that modifying lapwdm may be the most adequate way for
resolving such task.However, I decided to start with considering the
influence of the content of case.weightup on the result of lapwdm.

At the begining I just putted all weights in this file to zero. Then I
was consequently changing the weight for only one eigenvalue by the
value of its original weight. As a result, I have noticed that some
eigenstates possess zero values for all spin projections (it should be
noted that I entered all possible orbitals in case.indmc). I’m
confused about the meaning of zero spin values. I thought that result
of lapwdm represents some product of the charge contributions, that
are usually calculated by lapw 2, and spin polarization values that
reflects the relative ratio of spin projections. Now I’m just confused
about interpreting sx,sy,sz values for a certain (E,k)-state.

Sincerely yours,
Artem Tarasov
Department of Solid State Electronics
SPSU.