[Wien] Structure relaxation for WO3 with atomic insertion

Israel Omar Perez Lopez israel.perez at uacj.mx
Sun Jun 14 23:53:48 CEST 2020

 I just want to study the effect of Li insertion in the optical properties of WO3. But first I have to obtain the atomic positions and lattice parameters after Li insertion in those three structures.

So, in particular, I would like to know the steps I have to follow to obtain this information. Do I have to do force minimization and volume optimization, simultaneously? Or should I do minimization first and then volume optmization after? or viceversa? And how do I do this?

I would appreciate any information on how to proceed.

Best Regards

Dr. Israel Pérez

Institute of Engineering and Technology
Department of Physics and Mathematics,
Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez
Av. del Charro 450 Nte., Col. Partido Romero,
Ciudad Juárez, Juarez Chihuahua. Mexico C. P. 32310
Tel: +52 (656) 688 4887

National Council of Science and Technology
Insurgentes Sur No. 1582,
Col. Crédito Constructor,  C.P. 03940
Del. Benito Juárez, México D. F.