[Wien] Half metal, Fermi surfaces

Tran, Fabien fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 2 18:35:34 CET 2020

Hi,

Which functional are you using? If you are using DFT+U, then "xcrysden --wien_fermisurface" does not work by only clicking the buttons.

With DFT+U, you need to calculate the eigenvalues in the terminal with -orb [x lapw1 -up/dn -orb].

xcrysden does not provide a way to add -orb.

Another problem may be due to the k-mesh (but I doubt it is the case): maybe the k-mesh for band/DOS is too coarse to catch k-points where the bands cross the Fermi energy.

F. Tran