[Wien] confusion with GGA+U and mbj

Tran, Fabien fabien.tran at tuwien.ac.at
Sun Mar 8 11:25:37 CET 2020

Hi,

It is recommended (but not mandatory) to do first a GGA calculation before using GGA+U or mBJ. By doing so, the starting electron density for the GGA+U/mBJ SCF iterations may be better than the one from init_lapw (lstart/dstart) in order to reduce the number of iterations and/or to reach the proper ground state.

It may also be a good idea (but again not mandatory) to start a mBJ calculation using the GGA+U electron density.

FT