[Wien] View structure in a remote machine

Rubel, Oleg rubelo at mcmaster.ca
Tue Oct 6 15:48:30 CEST 2020

Hi Pablo,

of course it is up to you to select the software, but Zoom is great for video conferencing and is probably not an ideal solution for remote control. Here is a wiki quote: "Virtual Network Computing is a graphical desktop-sharing system that uses the Remote Frame Buffer protocol to remotely control another computer." There should be a plenty of info in internet on how to set it up. VNC is easier on network and gives a "smoother" control experience when it comes to xcrysden rendering. (At least this was my experience.)

Good luck
Oleg