[Wien] parallel instalation of Wien2k: elpa, fftw

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 15:02:51 CEST 2020

First, there are 3 parallel modes: K-points, omp & mpi which can be
combined.

Second, mpi requires scalapack, often via mkl. Elpa is better than the
scalapack codes. It is not required for mpi. Fftw is useful but less
important.

Lastly, while the siteconfig tools tries to find your fftw etc it is not
perfect and the user has to check. Obviously it has failed in your case and
the correct search path has not been used. Try again, and be careful.

_____
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi
www.numis.northwestern.edu