[Wien] Large forces appeared when calculating total energy after structure optimization

shamik chakrabarti shamik15041981 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 09:21:59 CET 2021

Dear Prof. Blaha & Gavin,

                         Sorry to bother you again. I think I have done a
foolish job by starting with the command .....-i 160 as it will converge
just at the first or the second cycle without minimizing the forces.
I have taken into account spin polarization during structure optimization,
however, I have not taken into account GGA+U for structural optimization. I
have inserted the U after a converged SCF obtained with spin polarization &
with the optimized structure.

Looking forward to listen from you.

with regards,
Dear Prof. Blaha & Gavin,