[Wien] Large forces appeared when calculating total energy after structure optimization

Laurence Marks laurence.marks at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 09:35:27 CET 2021

Adding Hubbard U will in general change everything, from lattice parameters
to internal parameters. It is impossible for us to guess how much without
specific details about your case. In general you should ALWAYS refine
lattice/internal with the same or very similar parameters/model. The
exception is -so, -hf and the current mGGA.

_____
Professor Laurence Marks
else has thought", Albert Szent-Gyorgi
www.numis.northwestern.edu