[Wien] After supercell, add impurity... x sgroup change space group

Serhat Ayık aserhatayik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:36:05 CET 2021

Thank you for your feedback
As you said, I have clustered the Al on one side of supercell and "layered"
like distribution.
I've tried different distributions before. I have had some attempts where
"x sgroup" gives different space groups.
For example, on my last attempt, I replaced the 1st, 4th, 5th, 8th, 9th,
12th, 13th and 18th of the 16 In atoms with Al atoms. (Total: 8 Al + 8 In)
- x nn
- copy case.struct_nn case.struct (9 atoms: 2 Ag, 1 Al, 1 In, 5 S)
- x nn
- copy  case.struct_nn case.struct (I repeated this step one more time
because "x nn" gave warning again). This time 10 atoms: 2 Ag, 1 Al, 1 In, 6
- x nn
- x sgroup
And finally the space group turns 20 (C 2 2 21) Orthorombic C-base centered.
As a result, a different space group from the original struct
file(122_I-42d) was created.
In the struct file, the result appears to be OK.
2 Ag: at 4 different positions=8 Ag,
1 Al: at 4 different positions= 4 Al,
1 In: at 4 different positions=4 In,
6 S: at 2+2+4+4+2+2 different positions=16 S
I viewed the structure in the xcrysden program. Al and In atoms appear to
be homogeneously distributed.
I continue the calculation with this struct file and space group. I will
share the result with you.

Peter Blaha <pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at>, 25 Oca 2021 Pzt, 21:35