[Wien] After supercell, add impurity... x sgroup change space group

Peter Blaha pblaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jan 25 19:35:30 CET 2021

It is VERY important to check which In atoms you replace by Al.
View your structure and check: Did you cluster the Al on one side of the
supercell ?  Did you introduce a "layered" like distribution ? ....

Most likely you want a "random" substitution, without any ordering
(otherwise experiment might have found some order).

Most likely, the "ideal" randomly substituted structure will even have
P1 spacegroup, i.e. all symmetry operations are lost (at least for a
larger supercell).

PS: Experiment measures an "average structure", and therefore find a
high symmetry SG. They put on the same position half a In and half a Al
atom.
Of course, this is not reality.